Friday, July 2, 2010

Misunderstandings Through Texting

Body language is like, 80 percent of our communication (or something like that), so it makes sense that texts can be really mis-interpreted. My first-hand experience of this was about a week ago. A friend of mine, (instead of his real name, his name shall be ...) Tom, wanted to know if I was attending a friends party. So, through a text, I said I couldn't. Tom asked me why. I told him I was planning on spending the day with my sister (which was the real truth FYI! I considered it very important). Then he texted me this: "oh. good excuse." Which I totally took as major sarcasm so I kind of ... freaked out. I sent him this very long text about how stupid he was and how he wouldn't understand and blah blah blah.

Aaaand then I got this: "... that wasn't sarcasm."

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment