Thursday, July 1, 2010

Benny & Joon

A few nights ago, I rented the movie Benny & Joon from Blockbuster (I haven't tried Netflix yet ... I like doing things the old fashioned way). If you haven't seen it, you should! Benny & Joon is a story about a brother, Benny, trying to support his crazy (I mean that in a very literal sense) sister, Joon. Soon (Joon, Soon ... I just rhymed.) , an off-beat performer, Sam, moves in with the family with no where else to go. And so begins the touching and memorable romance between Joon and Sam. It has a very artistic, indie-film feel to it. If you're not feeling it yet, it starts and ends with the song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers! C'mon now, that's the most epic song ever written. Plus the guys are like, Irish or something. That makes The Proclaimers even cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment